Dear 4A Families,
I hope you all had a good Palm Sunday weekend. We have a special week ahead with our long awaited oral biography presentations, and some special Holy Week events.
On Wednesday each family is encouraged to take part in the live streamed Mass from 9:30-10:30. On Thursday each family is invited to take part in our traditional Holy Thursday service, adapted for home use. The students will be familiar with the format, and should be able to be leaders for you family in this special ceremony. You will receive information from Mrs. Horton about both of these events.
The main work for the students this week is to present their biographies, and watch their classmates present. As noted in my email on Saturday night, you are encouraged to make a video your child’s presentation with their iPad and upload the video to Seesaw for the backup. Here are the directions again:
For best results, upload videos using the iOS app. (Use the school iPad Camera) You can upload videos saved to the camera roll by tapping the “Camera Roll” button in Seesaw.
Keep in Mind:
- Watching your classmates present is part of your grade as well. Please be respectful and attentive as your classmates present. Avoid distracting movements or behaviors. Remain seated and focused for each presentation. You can get up and move for a few minutes while the next presenter gets set up, but be seated and ready to listen at the time you are given.
Here’s what will happen on the day your presentation:
- You will be ready with your costume, props, notecards, set and anything else you need. Even if you’re going last that day, be ready!
- We will all log into Zoom about 10 minutes before the first presentation starts.
- I will give some quick reminders before we begin.
- The presenter will present, and we will be awed!
- There will be a few minutes for typed compliments after the presentation, and I will call on a few volunteers to give compliments aloud.
- We will give the next presenter a few minutes to prepare. I will announce what time we will start the next presentation, so be sure you are seated and ready to go. Do not log out of Zoom.
- The next presenter will present, and so on until all presentations are done.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we will take a break for lunch, and return in the afternoon for the next session. You will have a new sign in link for Zoom each session.
- Repeat steps 1-7.
- You will thoughtfully fill out your self-reflection form after you present.
- You will upload both your self-reflection form and your bibliography to Seesaw.
- I will upload your graded rubric to Seesaw no later than the following morning.
- We will celebrate a job well done!
Here is the link for Monday’s presentations. You can start login at 9:40 for our 9:50 presentation. Don’t be late please!
The password for the meeting is: gators
Other than the presentations there will be only a small amount of reading/religion and math work, that will be due by the end of the week, so students can complete the work on a timeline that works for them.
Ms. Simpson’s Monday Video: IMG_3964
Monday Checklist PDF: Monday April 6th PDF
Monday, April 6, 2020
What to do!
Oral Biography Presentations!
These reading tasks should be completed before the end of the day on Thursday.
Task #1: Read through the Stations of the Cross document slowly. Think about each part and what it means in your life.
Task #2: Do some self-reflection by thinking about these questions:
-Did you keep your promises of Prayer, Almsgiving, and Fasting?
-What did you learn about yourself?
-What actions can you take to follow in the footsteps of Jesus during Holy Week and beyond?
Note: You don’t need to write down your answers, but you should take at least 30 minutes to complete these two tasks. It would be best to take it slow, and really think about these questions. You can talk to your parents as you reflect. You are welcome to write in a journal if you like.
**We will work with the remaining articles in the magazine tomorrow.